What is Mesh Materializer?
For any 3D modeler that needs to wrap an object onto the surface of another object like a material, using a UV texture map as a guide.
The add-on handles the complexity of doing this for you in a non-destructive way by adding a unique modifier:
- Simple right-click menu option performs the operation in one go.
- The add-on maps the X direction of the object to the U direction of the UV map and the Y direction to the V direction.
- Source object UVs and materials are transferred to the newly created object.
- Use in combination with any other modifiers.
- Control the height of the projected object above the Target Object.
- Position, scale and rotate the object on top of the Target Object.
- Update the original objects and the result will change in realtime.
- A Preview Mode helps you position the object by unwrapping the Target Object’s UVs.
- Creates a regular Blender object that can be exported or edited once its modifiers are applied.
- Underlying objects are not affected.
- This add-on assumes experience with UV Maps.
- The add-on does not currently work with overlapping UVs.
- Check out the UV Squares add-on if you need to quickly turn your UVs into grids.
If you have any questions or issues do not hesitate to get in touch by emailing email@example.com.
Documentation is at https://mesh-materializer-docs.readthedocs.io/
Map objects onto another object using its active UV coordinates.