What is Conform Object?
For any 3D modeler that needs to wrap objects onto another object surface in one action in Blender.
The add-on handles the complexity of doing this for you in a non-destructive way, using the source object's location and orientation to project it onto the target object's surface.
The add-on assumes knowledge of how an object's location and orientation works in Blender.
See the overview video here.
- Simple right-click menu option performs the operation in one go.
- Graduate the effect from the bottom to the top of the object.
- Choose from Grid Mode or Shrinkwrap Mode.
- Transfer surface normals to blend object shading.
- Use a deformation lattice to stretch an object around the surface of another.
- Underlying mesh is not affected.
- Undo and apply options handle the underlying complexity of adding and removing modifers.
- Conform multiple objects at once.
- Presets system to save your preferred settings.
Documentation is at https://conform-object-docs.readthedocs.io/
If you have an issue or feature request, don't hesitate to get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org
A Blender add-on for 3D modelers that bends objects onto 4 cornered quad surfaces, enabling the creation of interesting objects that could be challenging to model otherwise.